As we said a while back in What Kind of Videos Do You Do?, one of the services we offer is Event Videos. Not to be confused with an extensive, multi-camera setup to record your event live, but rather produce a video prior to your function and screen it during your event. This can be applied to any type of gathering; board meetings and conferences, galas, award ceremonies, fundraising events, and so on. You may ask why this is worth considering; from our experience, here are some of the top reasons:
- Captive Audience.
Any event presents you with an audience, yet a video can come as an unexpected and welcome surprise. If your audience is one of, say, prospective investors and donors, a video can help encourage them to break out their checkbooks. If former investors are present, a video can show them how their contribution was utilized and why.
- Length.Event videos can be longer than ones specifically made for your website or Vimeo/YouTube channel. A well-shot, well-edited video may utilize music and photos or footage that would be otherwise difficult to present during a live speech – or at least not as seamlessly. The words spoken to the crowd are tailored; you no longer run the risk of the speakers being struck with stage fright and captions can easily be added if necessary. What this ultimately means is that whatever message or information you are trying to convey, it can be done in a more streamlined and engaging fashion, in a way that everyone can understand.
- Change of Pace.When it comes to your seminars, board meetings and the like, a video can be a welcome change to the otherwise familiar and monotonous pacing. This works better than a digital presentation because the message is entirely self-contained.
- Self-Contained Message.Your audience no longer has to shift their focus back and forth between you, the speaker, and the visuals you’re showing.
- Music.In any type of venue, using music is especially advantageous because it allows you to set and thus control the emotional tone of the room. Do you want to to tug the heartstrings of your investors? Do you want your employees to feel enthusiastic and driven? Or do you want to shake up an otherwise serious event with a bit of laughter and comedy? Music enhances any such desired mood in a way that little else can, and even though you can play music live, you run the risk of levels being imbalanced, overpowering the speaker, or distracting the audience entirely (especially if it’s a recognizable tune).
- Audience Reaction.A video allows you to see their reaction, rather than posting the video elsewhere and receiving an email a few days later, if at all. Additionally, while the video actually plays, you, as the speaker, can observe the audience. Are they captivated? Is the message being conveyed enough? You can use the video’s running time to review the audience and adjust your wrap-up if necessary, or know that your original address will be as fitting as you expected and can step forward to deliver that wrap-up more confidently.
If this sounds like a service you’d like to apply to your next function, we would be happy to work with you to produce an event video that suits your needs. Contact us via email, email@example.com, or give us a call at 301 – 221 – 7874.
We look forward to hearing from you!